- The Power of Asking Questions – Stop talking and start asking questions. How to better engage, focus on the conversation at hand, and look smarter. The best part for me was a list of questions to ask at networking events to feel comfortable engaging people you don’t know.
- CIA Secrets to Success – As a fan of Jason Bourne, this one caught me right away. You mean I can use spy skills at work? Awesome.
- Increase Your Intensity – I joked around with my team when I received this article, asking if they thought I needed to be more intense. Answer? NO! Reading the article, it was more about how to balance your intensity, which I found to be more useful than the original email I received implied.
- When Negative Feedback Works – Constructively critical feedback does wonders for me, more so than positive feedback. This article does a great job of outlining what types of employees – based on experience level – benefit most from each form of feedback and why.
- Ben Franklin was Never Idle – Increase your productivity the Ben Franklin way. Great insight to Ben’s foray into the printing business. Favorite – fail often and fail hard, but don’t plan for it. I like the idea that failure is part of the gig, but do what you can to avoid it instead of just accepting it.
There you have it. If I could only share 5 articles this week, these are the ones that I found to be the most interesting and insightful. Instead of sharing more articles each day on Twitter, I thought I’d consolidate them into just a few each week that really stood out. What are your thoughts? I’d appreciate your feedback in the comments below.